Dispelling the myths of hospice care
There are many myths surrounding Hospice care, hopefully the following information will help to clarify the role of the Hospice in Bailiwick life:
- More than 50% of our patients come into the Hospice for respite, to help recover from treatment, to help control pain or just to give themselves or their carers a rest - we do not just offer end of life care
- Our Day Care facilities are available to anyone with a life limiting illness who has a need for day care and is currently available on two days each week.
- Money donated to Les Bourgs Hospice or the Friends of Les Bourgs Hospice is used solely by the Hospice to maintain the facilities we have on offer and to improve them in the future.
- We are a registered charity, we do not charge our patients or their families for any of our care or other services. There are no private patients in the Hospice, everyone receives the same level of care from us and our staff. The only costs that may be incurred are from GP visits and other therapists, all Hospice care is free of charge.
- Les Bourgs Hospice is not linked to any particular church or religion, we support all beliefs within the Hospice and both invite and welcome all denomiations to visit and hold services in our chapel.
- Les Bourgs Hospice does not receive any funding from the States of Guernsey, it needs to raise over £1,000,000 PA by fundraising and donations. A large part of our income is from the Mont Arrive store and the Bridge Shop and also from large events run by the Friends of Les Bourgs Hospice, the Hospice and also the general Public such as the Rock to Rocque Cycle ride, 30 30 cycle challenge, 30 runs, 30 walks and the 30 bays events.
- Les Bourgs Hospice is registered and inspected by Health and Social Services with regular visits from the Registration Officer, Chief Pharmacist and Infection Control.
Make a Donation
Thank you very much for supporting and helping Les Bourgs Hospice. We rely 100% on your support.Donate Now
Find out what events are coming up in our events calendar.Find out more
Do you have a friend raising money for Les Bourgs? Sponsor them today.Sponsor online now