October 2022 – updated visitor information
As we head into Autumn we would like to introduce additional precautions for our patients and nursing team against Covid-19. The following arrangements will apply to all visitors to our in-patient ward at Andrew Mitchell House.
Please note that visiting times will vary depending on the needs of our patients so if you have not been advised otherwise and would like to check before you visit please contact our nursing team on 210323.
- General visiting hours will be from 1.30pm-7pm
- All visitors must complete a Lateral Flow Test and have a negative result prior to visiting (our volunteers will ask you on arrival if you have tested and if you haven’t you will be required to take one before you are allowed onto the ward)
- All visitors must be free of the symptoms of Covid-19, or cold-like symptoms (no matter how mild)
- All visitors must sign in and out of the visitor’s book an include their individual contact telephone numbers
- All visitors must wash their hands on entering and leaving the ward area and use the hand sanitiser where available
- Face masks must be worn on the ward
Thank you for your help and understanding in keeping our Hospice safe.
General Visitor Guidelines
Children are also welcome to visit as long as they are accompanied by an adult at all times.
Family pets are permitted to visit their owner at the Hospice but only with prior permission of the nurse in charge.
Visitors are invited to help themselves to tea and coffee making facilities in our sitting room.
Please note that Les Bourgs Hospice does not allow visitors to smoke on the premises.
We invite you to bring flowers into the Hospice for your relatives and friends but we do ask that you refrain from bringing in strongly scented flowers as they can be overpowering in the bedrooms.
Wi-Fi is available throughout the building. Books, puzzles and games are also available upon request and we have games for children if required.
Les Bourgs Hospice is served by Bus Route:
61 - which runs from Town to Pleinmont daily
62 - which runs from Town to the Airport Monday to Saturday
P2 - which runs from St Sampsons Monday to Saturday.
For times please contact the Bus Station on 700456 or click here
Make a Donation
Thank you very much for supporting and helping Les Bourgs Hospice. We rely 100% on your support.Donate Now
Find out what events are coming up in our events calendar.Find out more
Do you have a friend raising money for Les Bourgs? Sponsor them today.Sponsor online now