12 Bays of Christmas Challenge 2023
1st December, 2023
Registrations are open!!
Inspired by an idea dreamt up by the Marley and Sealey families who are all keen sea swimmers and kindly supported by our sponsors ROCQ CAPITAL we have had an overwhelming response to this festive swim challenge so would love to see over 600 people signing up this year!
The 12 Bays of Christmas event encourages islanders who have continued swimming since September or are seasoned year-rounders to take a dip in 12 bays listed on a map between 1st -31st December. Each bay on the list has a festively-themed name and we hope that there are plenty of options for more sheltered swims depending on the weather.
We are excited to be working with the amazing Vive La Vallette Team to offer a 12 Bays of Christmas drop-in day at "The Bathing Yules" on Saturday 2nd December between 10am - 2.30pm when you will be able to collect a free hot drinks token (kindly sponsored by Rocq Capital) and mini mince pie (kindly sponsored by Manor Farm Foods) after your swim. Their wood burning stove will be fired up and there will be a mini indoor Christmas market upstairs. We know that December is always crazy busy but we hope that you can put aside some all important me-time to get in the sea, pause from thinking about festive planning and catch up with friends or family too.
PHOTO COMPETITION - #12baysofchristmas
We would love to see your swim sessions so please tag us into any social media posts to win a chance of winning one of three prizes (more information to follow). There were some amazing entries last year so capture the festive fun and share it.
So which bays are on the list?
1) Vaz-on the first day of Christmas
2) Rocquaine around the Christmas Tree
3) Bathing Yules
4) Baby it's Cobo outside
5) Porte-let it snow
6) Away in Fermain-ger
7) Saint Nick's Bay
8) Chestnuts Rousse-ing on an open fire
9) I'm dreaming of a Moulin Huet Christmas
10) Cheese & Port Soif
11) Grandes Rocques-in Robin
Please note that due to the colder water and air temperatures you must be medically fit to participate and due to the time of year we strongly recommend that you check the tide and weather before swimming. We recognise that each person has a different tolerance to the cold therefore we have intentionally not set a number of strokes, distance or time to be in the water for. If you want to just dip and get out that is fine by us, as is the wearing of wetsuits (encouraged for U18s) and if you start the challenge there is no obligation to complete it - the emphasis is completely on you being aware of what you can achieve and not going beyond those limitations.
If you decide that this event is still for you please keep reading then get signed up!
When you register you will have the opportunity to purchase one of our festive bobble hats which will not only keep you warm during the event but will also help you spot other swimmers who are taking part in the challenge so give them a wave or say hello!
Your registration pack will include a beautifully illustrated map by the talented The Tiny Island Studio and an information sheet to help you swim safe and warm up properly afterwards.
You will be able to opt to:
- Have your registration pack posted out (at an additional cost to cover postage).
- Collect it from our charity shop in St. Martins (Monday to Saturday 9am-4.30pm). PLEASE NOTE - this option will only be available from Monday 12th November as our Christmas shop opens on 11th so our team will be very busy!
- Collect it from the Guille-Alles Library who have kindly allocated us some space in their entrance hall on the following dates. Please note this will be between 12-1.30pm & 5-6.30pm;
Thursday 16th November
Tuesday 21st November
Thursday 23rd November
Tuesday 28th November
Thursday 30th November
- Collect from La Vallette Bathing Pools for our 12 Bays Day on Saturday 2nd December (10am-2.30pm), Tick it off your list and grab a hot drink (kindly sponsored by Rocq Capital) and mini mince pie (kindly sponsored by Manor Farm Foods). It will be particularly festive this year with the log burner fired up and a small Christmas market in the upstairs room too!
Thank you for your support.
Our Festive Hat Design for 2023
SIGN UP NOW through this link to RaceNation - https://race-nation.co.uk/register/les-bourgs-hospice/12-bays-of-christmas-fundraiser-for-les-bourgs-hospice
Make a Donation
Thank you very much for supporting and helping Les Bourgs Hospice. We rely 100% on your support.Donate Now
Find out what events are coming up in our events calendar.Find out more
Do you have a friend raising money for Les Bourgs? Sponsor them today.Sponsor online now